We are the leading brand of consumer products made with renewable resources and post-consumer recycled content. We are a mission-driven organization, using natural and environmentally preferable products as a means to advance Zero Waste practices and to raise awareness of the connections between the products we use, the materials they are made with, and what happens to them at the end of their lives.
Our mission is promoting healthy and sustainable lifestyles for individuals and societies by adapting green products in our everyday life. Without our health, without our planet, we have nothing. We are not perfect, and our products are not perfect. But we are trying. Ultimately, we aim to get to a point where the use of our products is healthy to our families, and regenerative to the environment.
We love plants and all things living. We design to maximize their usage in our products, and actively focus on minimizing the presence of petroleum in our products and packaging. One day (in the not-so-distant future) we strive to be 100% plant-based and sustainably-sourced, inside and out.
With that goal in mind, we aim to:
- Source natural, organic, sustainably harvested, renewable, pure raw materials for our products. You are invited to take the "Toxics Out" challenge by switching from using products containing unsafe or untested chemicals to products containing only nontoxic, biodegradable ingredients. [Bioplastics are plastics derived from renewable biomass sources, such as vegetable fats and oils, corn starch, or microbiota. Bioplastic can be made from agricultural byproducts and also from used plastic bottles and other containers using microorganisms. Common plastics, such as fossil-fuel plastics (also called petrobased polymers), are derived from petroleum or natural gas. Production of such plastics tends to require more fossil fuels and to produce more greenhouse gases than the production of biobased polymers (bioplastics).]
- Track all the materials, ingredients, and packaging used in our products to help us report on and understand trends in our cradle-to-grave impactReduce toxics in all products and packaging
- Commit to dramatically reducing petroleum-based plastic (virgin) in our packaging
- Specify and closely monitor the quality-control standards & protocols in our manufacturing to ensure highest quality, cleanliness, and overall product & ingredient integrity
- Use re-usable packaging, higher post-consumer recycled or FSC-certified materials, shipping material, & fully recyclable pillow pack materials
- Staying at the forefront of sustainable materials research. Research on biobased materials is developing rapidly. This is exciting in that it holds the potential for additional materials we could use in our products. Given our stake in renewable resources technology and its applications, we want to be involved in how this field develops.
- Taking it further: we encourage all of us start a green lifestyle. Eat organic produce whenever possible. Eat low on the food chain. If you work in an environment where you and your fellow workers are exposed to unsafe or untested chemicals, work with management to try to alter your company's purchasing and cleaning policies, and It never hurts to share your concerns with your elected representatives...